Playing sport or doing regular exercise is definitely good for your health, unfortunately sometimes you can injure yourself.
Sports injuries can be caused by:
- Not warming up properly / preparing before exercising
- Over use / pushing yourself too hard / using poor technique
- Not taking time to cold down and recover effectively
- Acute trauma / accidents / impacts with someone or something
We commonly see:
- Soft tissue strains (muscle and fascia)
- Joint sprains (ligament)
- Wear and tear injuries
- Runner's knee, shin splints and tennis elbow are common terms
We recognise the importance of a quick recovery to minimise the impact on your work, family life and participation in your sport, and returning to full functional fitness - not just being pain free.